Sex change in Mexico has proven to be an effective intervention for patients with gender dysphoria. Sex reassignment surgeons in Mexico will not perform the procedure without sufficient proof that an individual has met certain requirements.
Who is a candidate for Gender Reassignment Surgery MTF surgery?
A suitable candidate for gender reassignment surgery MTF surgery is a person who has been diagnosed with at least one of the following disorders:
- Gender Identity Disorder
- Gender Dysphoria
- Associated Conditions
Prerequisites for MTF Surgery
Patients must meet general criteria:
- Adult age (18 years of age or older)
- Physically healthy (able withstand the physical strain of surgery)
- Psychologically prepared for the stresses of surgery
- Realistic goals and expectations
- Understand surgical procedures, including risks and possible complications
- Give consent for the surgery
- Support of spouse, family, significant other, friends
- Economically stable
SRS surgery preparation comprises of detailed protocols to certify that surgical treatment is appropriate and that all MTF patients are suitable candidates.
To uphold quality care, The World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH), formerly known as the Harry Benjamin International Gender Dysphoria Association – an international association – has established and published guidelines for the evaluation of the GRS patients prior to surgeries.
World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH)
- Evaluation by 2 mental health professionals prior to SRS (trained in gender identity issues)**
- Twelve months of continuous hormonal therapy for those without a medical contraindication
- Lived desired gender role or RLE (Real Life Experience) for at least one year
- Hormone treatment for at least one year (6 months in Mexico)
- The surgeon is part of the team of clinicians participating in a long-term treatment process and must understand the basis of the recommendation for genital surgery
- The surgeon must have specialized competence in SRS
- Physical assessment prior to surgery
** Two clinical behavioral scientists have made the favorable recommendation for surgical (genital) sex reassignment and possess a doctoral degree. Two Letters of Recommendation must be provided. Two separate letters or one letter with two signatures is acceptable.
CONTACT SRS DOCTORS
Once you click the button you will receive your quote in your email within a few minutes and we will never spam you.